AMI’s office and factory remain open and fully operational.
We are monitoring updates from the CDC regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and educating Team Members on proactive actions to take to mitigate potential effects of the virus.
As a manufacturer in defense and national security related operations, AMI and our Team Members are required to work our regular schedule. Thus, we are exempt from stay at home, shelter in place, curfews, and other related orders. Neither AMI nor its critical suppliers has plans at this time to close facilities.
AMI has expedited raw materials required for orders in house to minimize delayed deliveries.
Risks are mitigated by AMI Team Members being in different buildings, individual offices, and the majority of work stations in our manufacturing facilities have people working at least six feet apart. AMI’s Team Members are also at lower risk because we do not deal directly with the public. We have implemented the following guidelines for our people:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with others, maintain a minimum distance of six feet.
• Refrain from shaking hands with others for the time being.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Do not use other Team Members’ telephones. (Shared telephones should be disinfected after each use.)
• Please stay home if you are sick.
• If someone who lives in your home is diagnosed with coronavirus, do not come to work.
• Any Team Member who is exhibiting symptoms and/or waiting for COVID-19 test results must stay home.
• AMI is diligently sanitizing common areas, door knobs, etc. throughout the work day.
• Team Members are using email and telephone to the greatest extent possible minimizing “face to face” meetings.
• All unessential travel has been canceled. All unessential visits have also been canceled.
• In addition to disinfectants and hand sanitizing gel, AMI has PPE available for Team Members who want to use them (masks, gloves and eye protection).
• Team Members with underlying medical conditions or have vulnerable family members at home are encouraged to use PPE.
AMI cares about the health of its Team Members and these actions are designed to make AMI a safe atmosphere in which to work.